THE DIGNICAP SCALP COOLING SYSTEM
The DigniCap Scalp Cooling System consists of a computerized cooling unit managed through a touch screen display and an attached cooling cap with integrated sensors. Temperature-regulated coolant continuously circulates through specially designed channels in the cooling caps. Unlike other scalp cooling systems, the patented sensors ensure the proper scalp temperature is maintained throughout the treatment.
- System software detects temperature deviations and continuously makes adjustments based on sensor feedback throughout the cooling cap.
- Intuitive touch screen interface simplifies system operation and allows settings to be easily altered for various chemotherapy regimens.
- Independently controlled, continuous cooling systems enable simultaneous treatment of two patients.
- Gradual cool-down from room temperature provides patient comfort.
- The DigniStick flash drive provides easy access for software upgrades and troubleshooting, as well as non-identifiable treatment data and usage reports.
A key factor in the effectiveness of The DigniCap Scalp Cooling System is the ability to maintain continuous, direct contact between the cooling cap and the scalp for a consistent treatment temperature.
- Four cap sizes for individualized fit.
- Contoured shape leaves patient’s ears uncovered for comfort and ease of hearing.
- Smooth inner surface ensures optimal scalp contact.
- Outer neoprene cap creates secure fit and maintains ideal treatment temperature.
- Cap is first placed on the patient’s head at room temperature for a comfortable and controlled cooling transition.
- Caps can be easily detached for bathroom breaks.
- Two patented dual sensor-monitored cooling compartments ensure consistent, uniform cooling for temperature management.
- Built-in security sensor ensures scalp temperature always remains above 32° F/0° C.
The chemotherapy agent is still active in the patient’s bloodstream following the infusion. Therefore, the scalp cooling treatment continues for a cycle of post-infusion cooling. Depending on drug and dose, typically this will last from 90-180 minutes.
Please note that the content of this website is not intended as professional medical or healthcare advice and should not be construed as a substitute for professional healthcare advice, or services from a qualified professional healthcare provider familiar with your unique situation. This content is intended solely as a general product and corporate information.
10925 Estate Lane, Suite 185
Dallas, TX 75238
226 60 Lund, Sweden
+46 46 16 30 90